What causes dilated veins?
Depending on the sites of involvement, dilated veins can be due to
- Age. The risk increases with age
- Women are more likely to have dilated veins
- Risk increases with every pregnancy and significantly increase if you have twins!
- Prolonged standing or carrying heavy weights
- Cancer or growth in the abdomen
- Facial veins can also be due to thinning of skin or diseases such as Rosacea.
How to get rid of it?
Big varicose veins require surgery whereas feeder or spider veins can be treated via laser
How does Laser Vein Therapy work?
Laser delivers pulses of light energy which cause the blood within the vein to coagulate, eventually destroying the vessel which is later reabsorbed by your body . Blood flow will then be redirected to veins deeper below your skin’s surface, where it should be .
How many treatments will I need?
Often, patients find that one or two treatments are sufficient. However, the number of treatments necessary depends on the number, colour, and size of the vessels being treated.